Today, Creative BC announces the opening of the first two Amplify BC funding programs and the launch timeline for the remaining programs.
Career Development Program Opens Today
This program supports the careers of emerging and established artists in BC, funding sound recordings, music videos and marketing initiatives.
Deadline for applications is July 17, 2019.
Attend an info session to learn more about the program and how to apply:
Vancouver Info Sessions:
- Thursday, June 13 at 3:30 + 6:30 pm at Creative BC
- Monday, June 17 at 1 PM + 6 pm at the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre in partnership with the First Peoples’ Cultural Council
- Wednesday, July 3 at 6:30 pm at Creative BC
Victoria Info Sessions:
- Thursday, June 20 at 3:30 PM + 6:30 pm, venue TBA
Online Info Sessions:
- Monday, June 24 at 12 PM + 4 pm
- Friday, July 5 at 12 PM + 4 pm
Artist Drop In: Bring your laptop and work on your application with Creative BC staff nearby to answer questions. Music BC and SOCAN will also be available to talk about touring funding and registering your music.
- Tuesday, July 9 from 5:30-8:30 pm
Music Industry Initiatives Program Opens Today
This program supports the development of BC’s music industry, funding projects that support training, skills development, export activities, business development, research and a new focus on young up-and-coming talent. Canadian not-for-profit organizations and companies are eligible to apply.
Applications are accepted now until March 1, 2019, or until funds are no longer available.