Volunteer shifts will be assigned on a first come, first served basis by the committee taking into consideration any highlighted skill-sets. Some of the roles include:
- Airport Greeter
- Closing Gala Event Set-Up
- Closing Gala Greeter
- General Conference Assistant
- Hotel Greeter / Directional Support
- Lounge Assistant
- Registration Desk Set-Up
- Registration Desk Tear-Down
- Room Monitor
- Speaker Coordination Assistant
- Sunday Reception Tear-Down
- Vendor Fair Coordinator
- Directional Support
- Social Media Assistant
- Photo Booth Assistant
As a volunteer who fulfills the minimum required hours (11), you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the entire conference
- Access to the volunteer lounge with beverages and snacks throughout the event
- Access to our opening reception on Sunday, June 23
- Access to our closing gala dinner on Tuesday, June 25
Vendor fair times:
Monday, June 24: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 25: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 26: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Limited spaces are available to participate in the Vendor Fair. Apply by Friday, May 31, 2019 by completing the application form
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELISET TŦE SḰÁL is an international gathering of Indigenous language experts and advocates in celebration of the 2019 Year of Indigenous Languages. This conference, held by and for Indigenous Peoples, will highlight and celebrate the successes and best practices that have been made in language revitalization and highlight the important work currently happening in B.C. and around the world. We are expecting up to 1,000 attendees from across B.C., Canada, and from around the world during the 2.5 days. The conference will be held in Victoria, B.C. June 24-26, 2019.
Kukwstumc (Thank you),
Pat Alec (Nk’yap’xn)
Communications Officer, First Peoples’ Cultural Council