Featured In This Issue
- Help Law for Non Profits Develop a New Legal Self-Assessment Tool
- This Summer, Volunteer with Theatre Under the Stars
- Ensure Your Content Gets Found with #DigitalLadders
- This May, Shape the Future of Your Organization
- Hot Off the Blog: Make Your Voice Heard on the City of Vancouver Creative City Strategy
- What’s On: May 8-14
Help Law for Non Profits Develop a New Legal Self-Assessment Tool
Law for Non Profits would like to invite you to a focus group on May 29. The goal of the focus group is to better understand and assess the legal needs of the arts and culture sector so that it can design tailored legal resources. Participants are asked to complete the existing legal self assessment tool by May 20, 2019. In the focus group we will be discussing this tool and its gaps. There will be snacks offered. Space is limited to ten groups, so don’t delay.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 13 if you would like to commit to participating.
When: Wednesday, May 29, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
* Note the existing legal self assessment tool must be completed online no later than May 20. This is a ~two-hour commitment that may involve consulting other staff or board members. Please ensure you set aside adequate time.
Where: Vantage Point (1183 Melville St, Vancouver, BC V6E 0A3)
Who: You and others invited from the non-profit arts and culture sector
Why: Obtain an audit of your organization’s legal strengths and gaps and learn about resources that can help you address your needs. Contribute to the development of comprehensive legal resources that will strengthen the non-profit sector in BC.
This Summer, Volunteer with Theatre Under the Stars
Do you love the theatre and want to immerse yourself in a fun-filled, musical environment? Volunteer with Theatre Under the Stars!
TUTS is looking for energetic, committed individuals to help in the front of house: ushering, taking tickets, greeting, and staffing the coffee bar and bar. The company is also recruiting for its backstage crew, who work in costuming, lighting, sound, set, and props for the run of the shows. Backstage crew members are required to attend rehearsals in the later half of June, as well as all of the performances of the show to which they are assigned (every other night in July and August).
For more information, including positions and sign up, click here.