It’s big. It’s Jumbo.
The region is a hiker’s paradise with glaciers, icefields, old growth forests, and of course, captivating lake views. Take your hike to the next level with an experiential tour or health retreat, like Mountain Trek, above Ainsworth Hot Springs, who has won heaps of awards.
More Than Just Museums
TOUCHSTONES MTN BIKE EXHIBIT
A Mountain Bike Retrospective is Touchstones Nelson’s newest exhibit. Explore the culture, characters and landscape of the mountain bike scene. Not an exhibit you’ll see anywhere else.
LANGHAM ILLUMINATES WITH MUSIC
Diemm is soon to grace Kaslo’s Langham Cultural Centre with harp, vocals and bass. Catch more music, art and theatre all year round.
Our fall contest has just started. Check out previous winners! It’s as easy as:
- Bring your mobile device
- Take photos and videos
- Post using #findingawesome, and
- Enter to win in our seasonal contests.
With five breweries in the region, things are ‘hopping’. Come take in the Kútenei Oktoberfest and the Craft Brews of the Columbia Basin Film Competition, and more!
- 7-8 – Queen City Cruise Car Show
- 9 – Brits Invade Kaslo Car Show
- 10-15 – WACANID Ride
- 19 – BC Culture Days Host City Event – Nelson
- 21-23 – Kootenay Book Weekend
- 22 – Kútenei Oktoberfest at West Coast Grill
- 22 – Craft Brews of the Columbia Film Competition
- 28-30 – Culture Days
- 29 – Lardeau Valley Harvest Festival
The region has plenty of places to stay, dining, golfing, hiking, biking, heritage tours, relaxing, and breweries. If you haven’t been here for a while, or ever, it’s time to check it out. A new place to love.