The Nelson and District Arts Council is excited to present the Nelson International Mural Festival happening August 17th-19th, 2018 throughout Nelson, BC!
Get ready for a weekend jam-packed with art and fun! We’ve got some great things planned for you including…
– Opening night Patio Parties at Cantina Del Centro, Yum Son, Tandoori Indian Grill & Lounge, Sprout Plant Based Eatery and Backroads Brewing Company
– Friday night mingle times with the Artists at their murals
– A Family Friendly Street Dance at Hall St Plaza featuring Erica Dee, Tonye, Christie Lee Charles (Vancouver’s Poet Laureate!) , Skylar Love, Ocea Sasa and Ryan Fluxo on Saturday evening
– A FREE Screening at the The Civic Theatre
– Street Theatre with Little Wagon Theatre
– Hip Hop Dance Workshop with Emily Jean Honegger
– Workshops to learn more about mural making, applying for the festival, and the artists
and SO much more! The official map and schedule is available at www.ndac.ca/nimf-map.
Through the festival, NDAC seeks to increase the cultural vibrancy of Nelson by engaging local, national and international street artists, muralists, creators and arts lovers through large scale public artworks and educational opportunities. NDAC desires to shine a light on local cultures and histories, encouraging collaboration and community building. The festival is an inclusive event intended for all cultures, genders, ages and abilities. All festival events will take place in fully accessible, public spaces and will be offered free of charge, with the exception of the opening party at Spirit Bar. For more information go to http://www.ndac.ca!