Heritage needs us. We need you. Will you join us?
Help save the world’s special places. Become a monthly supporter for just $10 a month.
UPDATES FROM GHF
- Statement from CEO, Stefaan Poortman, on World Heritage Day 2018 – from Global Heritage Fund
- Placemaking: The Heart of Heritage Conservation – from Global Heritage Fund
HERITAGE AROUND THE WORLD
- The F.B.I. and the Mystery of the Mummy’s Head – from The New York Times
- Sketchfab Challenged People to ‘Remix’ Ancient Art, and the Results Are Amazing – from Digital Trends
- How the Internet Is Reshaping World Heritage and Our Experience of It – from The Conversation
DID YOU KNOW…
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art is returning looted statues of sages and goddesses to India and Nepal?
- Archaeologists uncovered an 11th-century Viking village near Dublin?
- New Nazca lines and geoglyphs have been discovered in the Peruvian desert?
- A re-creation of a protective deity destroyed by ISIS in Iraq has been unveiled in Trafalgar Square – and rebuilt with 10,500 empty date syrup cans?
- 13th-century walls collapsed without warning at the UNESCO World Heritage site of San Gimignano?
- The British Museum is training female archaeologists to restore ISIS-ravaged Iraqi heritage sites?