Call for Expressions of Interest – Indigenous Music Retreat
In partnership with Creative BC, the First Peoples’ Cultural Council is excited to offer a new opportunity for Indigenous music performers to attend our first Indigenous Music Retreat from May 6–11, 2018 at the Brew Creek Centre, in Whistler, B.C.
We will be inviting 20 emerging and dedicated career artists from across B.C. to come together to further develop and expand their careers in today’s music industry.
The focus of the retreat is to support Indigenous musicians who want to:
- strengthen their artistic and business skills
- develop music industry networks, and knowledge through workshops and one-on-one sessions
- enhance their expertise in songwriting, collaboration and improvisation
- engage in discussions about the Indigenous music scene in B.C. and across Canada.
Music artists selected to participate in the retreat will stay at the Brew Creek Centre, which includes shared accommodation, three meals and snacks per day, any necessary support materials, and assistance with transportation costs within the province of B.C. (Please note: The retreat can only accommodate the selected participants. For this event there will be no accommodation available for children, family or friends.)
The Indigenous Music Retreat is open to First Nations, Métis and Inuit music artists who demonstrate a lived commitment to a career in music.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a First Nations, Métis or Inuit singer, singer/songwriter, emcee, musician or beat maker/music producer
- Have performed at least 10 times in the past 12 months (including paid and unpaid performances)
- Have released an Album or EP in the past four years and/or have plans to release an album/EP in the next 12 months. If you are planning your first album/EP release, please demonstrate the steps you have already completed.
- Be a resident of B.C., 18 years of age or older
Call for Expressions of Interest and Application Form:
Closing date for applications is March 1, 2018.
Please contact me if you have questions about your application.
Acting Arts Manager, First Peoples’ Cultural Council