Creative Spark Columbia Basin
Small projects can have a big impact. Artists across all disciplines living and working in the Columbia Basin region who have an interest in working with young people in an arts-based capacity are invited to apply for Creative Spark Columbia Basin grants.
Creative Spark Columbia Basin grants support artists to engage young people in schools and communities in arts-based projects. If you relate to any of the statements below, then this grant is designed for you:
- I’m an emerging artist looking to explore career opportunities
- I’m an established artist interested in working with young people and need support to start
- I have a project idea but don’t have the funds to cover the required materials and supplies
- I am interested in applying for an Artists in the Classroom (AIC) grant in the future and need to build some experience first
Who Can Apply?
Artists living and working in BC’s Columbia Basin region are eligible to apply for this grant.
Creative Spark Columbia Basin grants offer 100% coverage for projects up to $1,000.
Goals of this Grant
Before you apply, please make sure your project fulfills one or more of these goals:
- Build your capacity and confidence as an artist working with young people and arts-based learning
- Provide young people opportunities to engage actively in the arts, and promote an appreciation of the arts
- Foster connections between young people, artists, arts organizations and schools
How to Apply
Read the Guidelines and email us your completed Application Form.
August 2016 to May 2017 Applications Accepted in Rolling Intake
For Funded Applicants
Get in Touch
Columbia Basin Trust, through the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance, supports efforts by the people of the Columbia Basin to create a legacy of social, economic and environmental well-being and to achieve greater self-sufficiency for present and future generations.