HERITAGE: Imagining Futures
May 4-6 in Victoria
What does heritage in the future mean to you?
Leave a comment on our new discussion forum for a chance to win a FREE registration to the 2017 conference.
“Heritage is our legacy from the past, what we live with today and we pass on to future generations.” UNESCO
In a fast-paced and quickly changing world, it is easy to think we are living on the edge of the future. But what of the past? How will heritage fit into the future?
Throughout the conference, we will explore the intersections of sectors, introduce new people to conversations, consider new trends, and explore new relationships and partnerships.
If we think we are living on the edge of the future, then this is the time for action and opportunity.
Dr. Lorna Williams: Assoc. Professor Emeritus, Indigenous Education (U. of Victoria)
- Innovations for Heritage Properties
• Planning without a (Heritage) Planner
• Heritage in the Hands of the Next Generation
• Heritage Marketing: Time Travel Through BC
• Collaborations: A Call to Action
• Commissions Roundtable
• Help a Colleague: Ask an Expert
• Heritage Planner Roundtable
Talking Stick: moving toward a framework of recognition, commemoration and reconciliation
presented in partnership with First Peoples’ Cultural Council